COVID-19 Office Procedures
Our top priority remains the safety of our patients and our staff members
We are proud that our whole staff is fully vaccinated!
Our office is committed to following the safest guidelines to protect our patients and our staff during this unpredictable, ever-changing pandemic.
Our staff will be wearing masks in the office. We will requite all patients to wear masks as well. Our protocols, mask wearing and sanitization processes, are in place for the following reasons:
- Masking appears to prevent the spread of COVID-19
- We see immunocompromised patients
- Not all of our patients are vaccinated or can be vaccinated
- Not everyone has a protective response to the vaccine
- Vaccinated patients can get breakthrough infection
- New COVID variants are more contagious
- It is possible vaccinated patients are able to carry and transmit COVID-19
If you have special requirements, please contact out office before your visit.
Please Follow All of Our Safety Protocols
Masks: All doctors, staff, and patients will be required to wear masks. We ask all patients to wear their own masks.
Online In-Take Forms: We ask that all patients complete our online registration forms prior to their appointment. Click here for the online registration forms.
Screening: We ask that if you or members of your family are sick or have symptoms including: fever, cold, cough, shortness of breath, loss of smell, gastrointestinal concerns, or other flu like symptoms that you please stay home and reschedule your appointment.
Limited Examination Room Attendance: To reduce the amount of patients in the office, we ask that patients be seen alone. Patients under the age of 18 may have one parent or guardian to accompany them. (Special accommodations or circumstances will be addressed on a case by case basis.)
Food and Drink: We ask that you do not eat or drink while in our office as it requires you to remove/lower your mask.
Cleaning: Increased cleaning and disinfecting protocols will be followed. All patient care areas will be thoroughly cleaned between patients. All common areas (such as door knobs, handles, light switches, etc.) will be disinfected through-out the day. All common use vision therapy equipment will be thoroughly cleaned between each patient.
We are happy to continue “safe no-contact delivery” of your contact lenses with most orders qualifying for free shipping! You can now order your contact lenses conveniently from your home through the H&B website. If you would like to order contact lenses, please click here to order swiftly online. If you have any difficulties or concerns please call (303) 850-9499 or email email@example.com for any contact lens related questions.
Contact lens hygiene is extremely important, especially now. Visit here to learn the important facts contact lens safety.
OPTICAL DEPARTMENT (GLASSES)
We encourage our patients to try on frames when shopping for new glasses. We are diligent about sanitizing every frame between try-ons. Our UV3 lights ensure safety.
Glasses hygiene is extremely important, especially now. Visit here to learn the best ways to clean your glasses.
Are you struggling to combat your glasses fogging while wearing your mask? Our optical is excited to promote Fog Stopper, a product that prevents glasses fogging without damaging your anti-reflective coating. Visit here for additional tips against glasses fog.
VISION THERAPY/TRAINING & VISUAL REHABILITATION
Our greatest priority continues to be your/your child’s safety and therefore taking all necessary steps.
Please review the following protocols that are in addition to our full office protocols:
- Waiting Room: Though we have updated the waiting room to adhere to social distancing recommendations and all chairs are being regularly cleaned, we are requesting that patients/parents do NOT wait in the waiting room. We recommend either waiting in your car or the atrium.
- Virtual Check-In: Patients are asked to remain in their car or the atrium and text their specific therapist’s number with their name upon arrival. When we are ready for you to enter the building, we will text back instructions. This process will allow us to reduce the amount of patients in the waiting room. If you do not receive a response from your therapist by 5 minutes after your session start time, we ask that you please knock on the therapy door to alert us.
- Social distancing: Will be maintained during your/your child’s session. We have reconfigured the vision therapy room to allow for all therapist/patient duos to maintain at least 6 feet from one another. There will be brief procedures where we must be closer in order to complete vision therapy activities properly.
- Cleaning: All shared equipment will of course be sterilized prior to and after each use.
- Vision Therapy bags: Patients are encouraged to continue to bring their VT bags so that they can use their personal equipment rather than shared equipment. Patients/parents are welcome and encouraged to switch or wash bags as they see necessary
- End of Therapy Sessions: Therapy sessions will continue to be 45 minutes in length. In order to adhere to our cleaning protocols and additional steps we are taking to keep everyone safe, we ask that you return to the building or parking lot by 10 minutes prior to the end of your child’s therapy session. Your therapist will communicate with you at the beginning or towards the end of the session when to return to the office to review activities as needed. We ask that only one parent or guardian per patient come back to the therapy room.
- Loaned Equipment: We are being strict with cleaning protocols with loaned equipment that is returned. While at home with this equipment (such as lenses, prims, and flippers) please avoid using harsh chemicals. You may use soap and warm water on most of this equipment.
- Remote Optometric Vision Training: We will be continuing Remote Optometric Vision Training on a case to case basis. If interested, please let us know.
We appreciate you/your child as our patients and are excited to be see you and your family back in our office! If you have specific questions, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our safety protocols are frequently updating to best protect our patients and staff, so please visit our website, our Blog, and our social media accounts (Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter) for the most recent updates. Please reach out to us with any questions or concerns you may have.
Last Revised 08/05/2021